Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And Life goes on.

Well I have not written in the Blog for a while. evidently you can have to much Iron! who knew?

Today I am enjoying a snow day with the kids. We had a big breakfast and now cuddling by the fire and watching a movie. Brady is sleeping in my arms ( one of the best parts of being a mother ) David is coming home early today so we can play in the snow.
I have great memories of playing in the snow with my sister in the front yard and we would design our house and make sections for the bedrooms and bathroom, It seems so silly now but I remember how much fun we had back in the day! HEE HEE HEE.

Sometimes grownups just get all caught up in grownup stuff and get all to comfortable with that, Sometimes you just need to jump in the snow and be silly with your kids!

Oh On Monday after school I got a call from the kids principal. like most parents you take a deep breathe and get ready for something bad. She said word for word- I didn't want to go home tonight without calling to tell you how great I think your son is!! ( What! I mean OK Wow ah What happen. ) He comes down to the office everyday to see if there is anything he can help with and he helps out the custodian after lunch. She said He is really a special kid and that we are doing a good job with our kids. That was a great call to get and we are so proud of Avery. a couple of months ago we had a bit of an issue with his attitude, He started hanging out with a kid that I swear was raised by Wolves! Well we have never really had a problem with Avery before, he generally is a very polite kid that people comment on at school and out in public about how kind and considerate he is. Well he started mouthing us really bad and saying things that were inappropriate and out of line here at home so David and I thought about it and even though to most people it just seemed like a typical phase of Independence we thought that we needed to treat this as something more severe and nip it in the bud right away. after just a couple of weeks he was back to normal and he decided, His words: that he was not making good choices for himself. We stressed to him that being a follower will only lead you down the wrong paths. He has seen that with some family members. If you speak your own mind and make your own choices life will be good and he now knows that you will feel great about yourself as well.

So do your sanity some good and make your kids happy and go jump in the snow and be silly ( I KNOW I WILL )

No comments: